[News] Pirate Party Works to Defend the Internet

  • Subject: [News] Pirate Party Works to Defend the Internet
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 02:32:18 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Pirate Party MEP Proposes âInternet Bill of Rightsâ

,----[ Quote ]
| The Pirate Partyâs Christian Engstrom is
| already making waves in the European
| Parliament. After his hard work on the
| Telecoms Package amendment heâs now working
| to set up an Internet Bill of Rights,
| attempting to codify some of the core beliefs
| of the Pirate Party. To achieve this he wants
| your help.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-party-mep-proposes-internet-bill-of-rights-091209/

Letâs write an Internet Bill of Rights

http://christianengstrom.wordpress.com/2009/11/28/lets-write-an-internet-bill-of-rights/

Chris Weitz Says 'New Moon' Bootlegging Arrest Is 'Terribly Unfair'

,----[ Quote ]
| There are those fans who were really
| excited about "New Moon," buying Robert
| Pattinson-emblazoned pillows and making
| elaborate scrapbooks for the stars, and
| then there are those fans who may have
| gone overboard in their excitement.
| Samantha Tumpach was busted in a Chicago
| movie theater for allegedly taping three
| minutes of the "Twilight" saga sequel
| inside a theater in late November and
| could face up to a three-year prison term
| for her actions; Tumpach has said she was
| essentially filming a home movie had no
| intention of distributing the footage.
|
| Now Chris Weitz, the director of "New
| Moon," has come to Tumpach's defense,
| saying that the prospect of such a harsh
| sentence is unjust.
|
| "Needless to say, the case seems to me
| terribly unfair and I would like to do
| what I can to address this," Weitz wrote
| in an e-mail to the Chicago Sun-Times.
`----

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1627907/story.jhtml

Recent:

French Pirates get 2.06% in by-election

,----[ Quote ]
| France's Parti Pirate fought its first election on Sunday.
| This was a by-election to the Natonal Assembly in the 10th
| district of Yvelines. The Pirate candidate was Maxime
| Rouquet, a 23 year old student, and he got 2.06% of the
| vote.
`----

http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/blog/2009/sep/21/french-pirates-get-206-election/

Music industry talks break down in illegal downloading row

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article6841981.ece