[News] Nokia/Maemo/Linux Named a Top 10 Mobile Phone

  • Subject: [News] Nokia/Maemo/Linux Named a Top 10 Mobile Phone
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:33:07 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Nokia N900 lands on Top 10 Mobile Phones

,----[ Quote ]
| The Nokia N900 smartphone has finally landed on
| pre-order on Top 10 Mobile Phones.
`----

http://www.top10.co.uk/mobilephones/news/2009/12/nokia_n900_lands_on_top_10/

Firefox for mobile to launch this month

,----[ Quote ]
| The software will initially be available only
| on Nokia's N900 handset, which uses the Linux-
| based Maemo operating system, and will be able
| to run 30 or so Firefox extensions.
`----

http://www.v3.co.uk/v3/news/2254860/mobile-firefox-launch-before

Nokiaâs shopping list for 2010

http://noknok.tv/2009/12/11/nokia%E2%80%99s-shopping-list-for-2010/

Recent:

Nokia N900 Linux smartphone

,----[ Quote ]
| Some may find the size a concern, but it's
| mainly a consequence of accommodating
| slide-out keyboard. In use, the keyboard,
| despite its compact layout, works very well
| and the camera is head and shoulders above
| what you'll find on the iPhone. Overall,
| the Nokia N900 is a joy to use and full of
| good things that we liked very much, though
| it still feels like something of a work in
| progress. The Maemo 5 OS is very promising
| on this evidence â fast and useable, once
| we'd got our heads around the basic set-up,
| and bound to be much more versatile in a
| few months' time as more apps and features
| are added.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/12/07/review_phone_nokia_n900_smartphone/

Nokia N900 to be released in SA

,----[ Quote ]
| Nokia South Africa has announced today that
| the company has opted to release the N900
| device locally, adding that it will be
| available in the second quarter of 2010.
`----

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/Cellular/10743.html

Video Review: Nokia N900

,----[ Quote ]