[News] Benefits from Linux Extend Far Beyond Desktops

  • Subject: [News] Benefits from Linux Extend Far Beyond Desktops
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 00:28:45 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Many benefit from Linux without knowing

,----[ Quote ]
| I've talked to a lot of people who are just
| not ready or willing to make the move to
| Linux. They are happy to live with Windows,
| and, of course, enjoy the world's largest
| software support library.
|
| What might surprise you, however, is that
| you're probably using Linux in one way or
| another, and just don't know it. For example,
| I just purchased a new Samsung LCD TV. One of
| the things that I find attractive is the set's
| ability to view JPEG files (photographs),
| movies and even web pages without the need for
| a computer. I was caught off guard by the TV's
| sophisticated menus and graphics (even built-
| in recipes). And I was surprised that so much
| technology is packed into a device essentially
| considered as single purpose.
`----

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2218659

Linus Torvalds Accepts DRBD into Linux Kernel

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20091210006062&newsLang=en

Recent:

Build your own iSCSI SAN appliances, save money

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid39_gci1320334,00.html

`----