[News] Touch Screen Monitors in Linux, Even with Multiple Monitors

  • Subject: [News] Touch Screen Monitors in Linux, Even with Multiple Monitors
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:08:35 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

IGELâs Linux Universal Desktop now supports touch screen monitors

,----[ Quote ]
| IGEL Technology, the world's third largest
| thin client vendor (2009 by revenue, IDC),
| today introduced its new Linux Universal
| Desktop firmware adding support for new
| hardware, additional user customization
| options, and enhanced multimedia and
| virtualization functionality to its wide
| range of Linux-based thin clients.
`----

http://www.yourcommunicationnews.com/igel%E2%80%99s+linux+universal+desktop+now+supports+touch+screen+monitors_43351.html

Recent:

Cheap Linux PMPs get touchscreen Linux hack

,----[ Quote ]
| How long, do you think, before someone attempts to load Android onto one?
|
| There are full instructions here, together with some ideas on which PMPs use
| the Ingenic JZ4732 chipset.
`----

http://www.slashgear.com/cheap-linux-pmps-get-touchscreen-linux-hack-0936838/

Linux-powered PMP sports 7-inch touchscreen

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS6251626749.html