[News] Suppression of Free Speech in Canada, to Defend the Olympic Fiasco

  • Subject: [News] Suppression of Free Speech in Canada, to Defend the Olympic Fiasco
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:46:22 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Vancouver orders removal of anti-Olympic mural

,----[ Quote ]
| The city of Vancouver has ordered the removal
| of a mural hanging outside a Downtown
| Eastside gallery depicting the Olympic rings
| as four sad faces and one smiley face.
|
| The gallery says in 10 years, it has never
| before been asked to remove any work.
|
| The city issued the order under its graffiti
| bylaw, but it comes in the wake of a debate
| over a controversial city sign bylaw that
| opponents feared would allow officials to
| stifle anti-Olympic expression.
`----

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/vancouver-orders-removal-of-anti-olympic-mural/article1396541/

Recent:

Olympics Online, With a Hook

,----[ Quote ]
| But for many industry executives who compete with Microsoft, the worldâs
| largest software company, the Silverlight strategy recalls a federal
| antitrust case in which Microsoft was found guilty of using its market muscle
| to stifle competition from the Web.
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/10/sports/olympics/10stream.html?_r=1&ref=technology&oref=slogin
http://tinyurl.com/68vvz8

An Update on the International Olympic Committeeâs Threatening Letter to Flickr User Richard Giles

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://thomashawk.com/2009/10/an-update-on-the-international-olympic-committees-threatening-letter-to-flickr-user-richard-giles.html