[News] Enemies of Freedom Distort Richard Stallman's Words to Attack Him

  • Subject: [News] Enemies of Freedom Distort Richard Stallman's Words to Attack Him
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:22:20 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Following up on the GNOME/GNU fiasco

,----[ Quote ]
| Listen people, you donât have to agree with
| RMS. Heâs not a god or infallible. Just stop
| lying about the man and what he says. Just
| stop lying.
|
| If it only happened once or twice, I would
| be generous and assume it wasnât malicious.
| But it is constant, and seems to come too
| easy to be an honest misunderstanding. Iâm
| tired of trying to determine if a person is
| misrepresenting RMS because they are a
| malicious liar, or merely an uninformed
| moron parroting a malicious liar. It is
| quickly become a distinction without a
| difference.
|
| One more thing before I move on: straw man.
| We see you doing it. You arenât fooling
| anyone. Itâs disgusting, dishonest, childish
| and malicious. Stop it. Stop lying.
`----

http://www.the-source.com/2009/12/following-up-on-the-gnomegnu-fiasco/

The vibrators merchant attacks Stallman, as usual.

gnu, gnome, and the fsf

http://wingolog.org/archives/2009/12/13/gnu-gnome-and-the-fsf

Comunidade Tux-CE

http://groups.google.com/group/tuxce/msg/8ade4e357ad2eece

GNOME Foundation seeks to hide its dirty linen

,----[ Quote ]
| A few members of the GNOME Foundation have
| submitted a petition to the board, asking
| for a referendum to be held on making the
| Foundation's mailing list archives private
| and limited to its members only.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/30079/1090/

GNOME: Split from GNU Project?

,----[ Quote ]
| Stallman had also run into conflict with the
| Gnome initiator and Novell coworker Miguel
| de Icaza. He had persistently criticized the
| work on Mono and the involvement of
| Microsoft in various projects.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/GNOME-Split-from-GNU-Project

Recent:
Mono claims unequivically refuted

,----[ Quote ]
| GreyGeek on the Kubuntu Forums has written
| up an excellent point by point rebuttal to
| a lot of common Mono claims. There is a
| growing discussion about this hot topic on
| the forums as well (linked below). Are
| Microsoft Astroturfers everywhere? Or is
| this love for Microsoft blind?
`----

http://www.pwnage.ca/?p=460

GNOME and the GNU Project