[News] Linux Development Stories and Graphics Stack Progress

  • Subject: [News] Linux Development Stories and Graphics Stack Progress
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 02:53:07 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

When your hobby becomes a job: reflections on the em28xx driver situation

http://rg03.wordpress.com/2009/12/15/when-your-hobby-becomes-a-job-reflections-on-the-em28xx-driver-situation/

How I apply patches to the stable tree

,----[ Quote ]
| I decided to do a screencast of how I apply
| patches to the Linux stable tree to give
| people an idea of my patch workflow.
`----

http://www.kroah.com/log/linux/how-i-do-stable.html

The Linux Graphics Documentation That's Needed

,----[ Quote ]
| A week ago we shared that the first of the
| slides and videos from VMware's recent
| Gallium3D workshop were now posted on the
| Internet. This morning some more of this
| content is being published, which covers the
| VMware SVGA driver status, a Gallium3D state
| tracker overview, and the status of the
| OpenGL ES state tracker. The content from
| the previous video/slides push along with
| today's uploads can be found here.
| Unfortunately we have found out that some of
| the videos from the Gallium3D workshop have
| been lost.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzgwNg

NVIDIA Releases New X.Org DDX Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| Only 11 code commits have been made to the
| xf86-video-nv driver (that only touch about
| 100 lines of code) since the 2.1.15 driver
| update back in September, but coming out
| this afternoon is xf86-video-nv 2.1.16.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzgwOQ

Recent:

Kernel Log: New stable kernels, 2.6.33 with DRBD and RT2800PCI

,----[ Quote ]
| Kernel versions 2.6.27.40, 2.6.27.41 and
| 2.6.31.7 offer minor improvements and correct
| several bugs â including one security hole.
| Torvalds has already incorporated more than
| 5,000 changes for Linux 2.6.33. Its merge
| window will probably be open for just over
| another week. Various developers are working
| on significant improvements to the open source
| Radeon graphics drivers.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Kernel-Log-New-stable-kernels-2-6-33-with-DRBD-and-RT2800PCI-883212.html

A Great Present In The Linux 2.6.33 Kernel

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzc4OQ