[News] Android/Linux Sales Proceed as Hoped, Conference Comes to London

  • Subject: [News] Android/Linux Sales Proceed as Hoped, Conference Comes to London
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:02:23 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Motorolaâs Milestone (The U.K.âs Droid) Flies Off The Virtual Shelves

,----[ Quote ]
| Some very positive news for Motorola (NYSE:
| MOT) as we head into the weekend ... Online
| retailer eXpansys says that the Milestoneâ
| the U.K.-version of the Droidâsold out in
| just three hours. eXpansys is the exclusive
| seller of the handset; the company said it
| had received well over 1,000 pre-orders for
| the Milestone a week before it went on sale.
| eXpansis expects a second shipment of
| Milestones to arrive in time for holiday
| orders.
`----

http://paidcontent.co.uk/article/419-motorolas-milestone-the-u.k.s-droid-flies-off-the-virtual-shelves/

Happenings: droidcon London 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| As Android starts appearing on more devices,
| so developers are getting together to
| exchange notes on how to develop on the
| rapidly changing open source mobile phone
| platform. At the first droidcon London,
| subjects ranged from alternate languages,
| programming audio and implementing Android
| on devices to reverse engineering
| programmes, testing Android applications and
| the future of mobile devices.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/features/Happenings-droidcon-London-2009-879947.html

Acer A1 Liquid Android smartphone

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the last 12 months Acer has been
| spitting out smartphones like there is no
| tomorrow. Some of them, like the Tempo F900,
| have been quite good while others, like the
| beTouch E101, have been, ahem, less
| impressive. Yet none have really scored as a
| hit in our book, but that may be about to
| change with the release of the A1 Liquid,
| Acer's first Android phone.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/12/16/review_phone_acer_a1_liquid/

Googlephone videos uncovered

,----[ Quote ]
| Evidence is mounting that Googleâs
| smartphone will be called the Nexus One,
| following the appearance of a video showing
| the phoneâs packaging and OS.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/12/16/nexus_one_videos/

Bright future for HTC's Hero

,----[ Quote ]
| As youâll probably know by now, the Hero
| runs Googleâs Android operating system,
| which â like the iPhone â is built around a
| Unix-based core OS, in Androidâs case that
| core being the ever popular Linux kernel.
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/realworld/354157/bright-future-for-htcs-hero

Google phone with T-Mobile contract in Jan: source

,----[ Quote ]
| Google Inc plans to sell two versions of its
| own-branded cell phone: one with a service
| contract with T-Mobile USA and another that
| is unlocked, a source familiar with the
| matter said.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10415578-16.html

Unofficial id classics pulled from Android

http://play.tm/news/28176/unofficial-id-classics-pulled-from-android/

Recent:

Motorola Droid named gadget of the year by TIME magazine

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.t3.com/news/motorola-droid-named-gadget-of-the-year-by-time-magazine?=42747