[News] GNU/Linux Games All-in-One, New Games Coming

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Games All-in-One, New Games Coming
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:49:40 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux: Install a million games in one click!

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, not really a million, but how about
| tens or hundreds? Good enough for you?
|
| Today, we will talk about two extremely
| useful applications that allow to you
| search for hundreds of games that run on
| Linux, sorted by category, popularity,
| license, or price, read game synopses,
| check out the screenshots, and then,
| should you decide that you like some of
| them, install them with a single mouse
| click.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/games/linux-million-games.html

Getting to know the Irrlicht 3D engine

,----[ Quote ]
| This tutorial series shows you how to use
| some of the features of Irrlicht, which is
| a free, powerful and cross platform C++ 3D
| engine. If you just want to see Irrlicht
| in action, all of these demos have been
| combined into one application. You can
| download the Linux version, complete with
| source code, here.
`----

http://www.brighthub.com/hubfolio/matthew-casperson/blog/archive/2009/12/08/getting-to-know-the-irrlicht-3d-engine.aspx

Irukandji â Score Attack Shooter Released !

,----[ Quote ]
| Irukandji GNU/Linux port was recently
| released by Charlie Games.
| Irukandji is a score underwater shooter
| with flashy graphics, many enemies,
| bosses, weapons, ships, challenges and
| much more !
`----

http://lgn.linux-hardcore.com/irukandji-score-attack-shooter/

Recent:

Linux game console ready to ship

,----[ Quote ]
| Envizions announced that it is taking orders for an open-source Linux gaming
| system, and will start shipping beta units to game developers, resellers, and
| software partners on April 10. The EVO Smart Console is based on a 2.4GHz
| Athlon, and includes a Fedora-based Linux distro.

Linux Game "System of Tomorrow" Ships in Two Weeks

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ostatic.com/177043-blog/linux-game-system-of-tomorrow-ships-in-two-weeks