[News] Android/Linux Taken Further by Motorola, Intellectual Monopolies Harass

  • Subject: [News] Android/Linux Taken Further by Motorola, Intellectual Monopolies Harass
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 23:10:20 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Motorola Milestone Android smartphone

,----[ Quote ]
| The Milestone marks another step forward
| in Motorola's renaissance. It's a joy to
| use, thanks to its sensitive screen and
| decent, if not the very best, Qwerty
| keyboard. The tweaks to the Android OS are
| welcome, if not exactly ground-breaking
| and though the camera could have been a
| bit better, and we're bewildered by the
| decision to omit Motoblur, it's a top
| quality smartphone with satnav.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/12/17/review_phone_motorola_milestone/

Is the Google Phone an Unauthorized Replicant?

,----[ Quote ]
| Motorola tugged at the hearts of science-
| fiction fans everywhere when it announced
| that its first smartphone using Googleâs
| Android software would be called Droid,
| the name given to the lovable robots in
| âStar Wars.â
`----

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/15/is-the-google-phone-an-unauthorized-replicant/?src=twt&twt=nytimesbits

Another Thought on the Google Nexus One Phone Announcement

,----[ Quote ]
| Google will continue to promote its
| Android OS, which is used by HTC, Samsung
| and Motorola, with Sony-Ericsson, Acer,
| and LG Electronics announcing Android-
| powered phones.
`----