[News] NAS Device Runs Linux, Many Other Devices Do Too

  • Subject: [News] NAS Device Runs Linux, Many Other Devices Do Too
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 02:23:22 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Two-bay home office NAS device runs Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Synology America Corp. is shipping a two-bay
| network-attached storage (NAS) device, offering
| up to 4TB of sharable storage for home and
| entry-level business users. The Linux-based
| DS210j is equipped with an 800MHz processor, a
| gigabit Ethernet port, two USB ports, and
| version 2.2 of Synology's DNLA-compliant Disk
| Station Manager software.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Synology-DS210j/

BoxeeBox among 2009's most popular DIY projects

,----[ Quote ]
| Hey, we just discovered that our very own DIY
| BoxeeBox has made LifeHacker.comâs list of the
| âMost Popular DIY Projects of 2009.â
`----

http://www.deviceguru.com/boxeebox-among-2009s-most-popular-diy-projects-2/

$99 Linux PC in a keyboard launches

,----[ Quote ]
| THE ASUS EEE KEYBOARD might be the most
| desirable computer in a keyboard design, but
| itâs unlikely to be cheap once it launches
| considering all the little tweaks Asus had done
| to it since it was announced. Enter the NorhTec
| Gecko Surfboard, the $99 PC in a keyboard that
| runs Linux on a 1GHz x86 SoC. If you found the
| Eee Keyboard to be way too powerful for your
| needs, then look no further as the Gecko
| Surfboard wonât break any performance records.
`----

http://www.semiaccurate.com/2009/12/18/99-linux-pc-keyboard-launches/

Recent:

Linux-based home NAS boasts 5-18 Watt power consumption

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Iomega-StorCenter-ix2200/