[News] FreeBSD Starts Raising More Funds

FreeBSD end-of-year fund raising drive (update)

,----[ Quote ]
| FreeBSD is free; it can be downloaded, used and
| adapted without paying any fees, unlike other
| major operating systems. This is why the
| FreeBSD Foundation needs donations to be able
| to fund new projects and conferences.
`----

http://www.freebsdnews.net/2009/12/18/freebsd-end-of-year-fund-raising-drive-update/

Recent:

Quick Overview of Bsd Systems With Main Focus on Openbsd

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, when too many companies bring out
| various distros, it is hard to tell which of
| them best suits our needs and you may become
| mixed-up in such a huge list. If companies
| invest money to a software solution, they
| may become disappointed if its licensing
| policy changes. OpenBSD has one sturdy
| feature above everything â the system and
| packages are perfectly audited for security
| holes.
`----

http://linux.bihlman.com/2009/12/15/quick-overview-of-bsd-systems-with-main-focus-on-openbsd/

My experience with FreeBsd 8 (comes free with rants and review)

,----[ Quote ]
| I would like to give FreeBSD 8 two thumbs up.
| It really lives up to its name in terms of
| stability and sleekness.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/articles/my_experience_with_freebsd_8__comes_free_with_rants_and_review/

Install a BSD-variant with the help of PC-BSD

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâm very glad to see that someone has
| created a BSD variant that is easy enough
| for the masses to install. PC-BSD allows
| anyone to give one of the most solid,
| reliable, and secure operating system
| available a try.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/12/15/install-a-bsd-variant-with-the-help-of-pc-bsd/

Why the BSDs get no love

,----[ Quote ]
| So to the BSD community I beg you, make
| modern your image. Stop playing in your
| basement laboratory and show the rest of the
| world how powerful you really are. Just make
| sure when the masses of the world see you
| they donât think, âOh, how outdated is that?â
| Gain the love you deserve, BSD.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=1123

Six-monthly releases: OpenBSD shows the way

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/29872/1090/