[News] More Good Reviews of Nokia N900 Days Ahead of Arrival at the UK

  • Subject: [News] More Good Reviews of Nokia N900 Days Ahead of Arrival at the UK
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 19:50:09 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Nokia N900 review

,----[ Quote ]
| The N900 is Nokiaâs most hyped phone this year,
| running on the Linux-based Maemo OS. Does it
| show that Symbian should be scrapped or is it
| just another touch screen disappointment? We
| review the N900 to find out.
|
| Nokiaâs recent news that it may make the move
| from Symbian to Maemo for all its smartphones
| wonât come as a disappointment to those who
| have been tut tutting over Symbianâs antiquated
| S60 OS.
`----

http://www.itpro.co.uk/618970/nokia-n900-review

Get Review of Nokia N900

,----[ Quote ]
| On the first note, Nokiaâs N900 is a highly
| successful handset that came in the market. It
| is full packaged smartphone comprised with
| speedy multitasking, complete range of
| applications desired, big screen and large
| storage capacity. The only things which
| slightly letdown in the handset are itâs less
| than pocket able size and shirk keyboard.
`----

http://whitehatfirm.com/news/get-review-of-nokia-n900/1192.html

Recent:

Nokia N900 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, it's good, and Maemo is showing
| real promise. For non geeky users, it's
| probably best to give it a couple of months
| to wait for the infrastructure to be there,
| and some bugfixes to be released.
`----

http://www.trustedreviews.com/mobile-phones/review/2009/12/16/Nokia-N900/p1

Vodafone to sell N900 from next month

,----[ Quote ]
| Mobile giant Vodafone will make the N900
| available to its users from January.
`----

http://www.itpro.co.uk/618802/vodafone-to-sell-n900-from-next-month

How to update the firmware on the Nokia N900

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/nokia/nokian900/n900userguides/382267/how_to_update_the_firmware_on_the_nokia_n900.html

Smartphone market will grow says Pyramid

http://www.gomonews.com/smartphone-market-will-grow-says-pyramid/

Nokia N900 Linux smartphone

,----[ Quote ]
| Some may find the size a concern, but it's
| mainly a consequence of accommodating
| slide-out keyboard. In use, the keyboard,
| despite its compact layout, works very well
| and the camera is head and shoulders above
| what you'll find on the iPhone. Overall,
| the Nokia N900 is a joy to use and full of
| good things that we liked very much, though
| it still feels like something of a work in
| progress. The Maemo 5 OS is very promising
| on this evidence â fast and useable, once
| we'd got our heads around the basic set-up,
| and bound to be much more versatile in a
| few months' time as more apps and features
| are added.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/12/07/review_phone_nokia_n900_smartphone/

Nokia N900 to be released in SA