[News] [Rival] Microsoft Reaches Out with More Bribes, Uses Bloggers as Shills

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Reaches Out with More Bribes, Uses Bloggers as Shills
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 17:39:57 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft reaches out with 'Touch'

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft surprised attendees to Novemberâs
| Professional Developers Conference with free
| touch-screen laptops. It wasn't largesse, for
| the company had an ulterior motive: to get
| developers to write applications that utilize
| touch interfaces.
`----

http://www.sdtimes.com/MICROSOFT_REACHES_OUT_WITH_TOUCH_/By_David_Worthington/About_MICROSOFT/34001

Microsoft Recruits Student Bloggers With Free Software And Trips To Conferences

,----[ Quote ]
| Weâve confirmed with Microsoft that the tech
| giant has launched a new program, called Student
| Insiders, to enlist college students to blog
| about Microsoft products. In return, the
| Microsoft âStudent Insiderâ will be able to
| attend Microsoft conferences, such as
| Microsoftâs developer conference, PDC, and
| others and then write about their experiences
| and the products. The student will get all
| expenses paid to attend conferences as well as
| receive free training on Microsoft products.
| Student Insiders are expected to cover 15 events
| or topics a year, with at least â500 engagements
| per event/topic.â
|
| It appears that Microsoft will try to recruit
| students with âestablished blogsâ to write about
| a wide variety of Microsoft products. The
| advertisement we received focused on getting
| students to review Microsoftâs Expression
| Studio, a design and development software.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/12/15/microsoft-recruits-student-bloggers-with-free-software-and-trips-to-conferences/

Microsoft begins testing new tech support forum staffed by paid 'independent experts'

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=4817

It seems like Microsoft also have COLA "staffed by paid 'independent experts'."

Recent:

Would Top Sites Really Opt-Out Of Google Based On A Microsoft Bribe?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091117/1153526971.shtml