[News] [Rival] Microsoft Gets Almost Nothing from Yahoo!, Google Keeps gaining

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Gets Almost Nothing from Yahoo!, Google Keeps gaining
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 17:41:55 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Drop In Yahoo Search Share May Trim Microsoft Deal's Benefits

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo Inc. (YHOO) expects to close its search deal with Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) early next year, but the benefits of that partnership might already be eroding as Yahoo's search share slips with each passing month.
`----

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20091216-715749.html

Google Apps Launches for L.A.'s 34,000 Employees

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Messaging-and-Collaboration/Google-Apps-Launches-for-LAs-34000-Employees-422998/

Video: Microsoft CEO Ballmer fires staffer for not saying Bing! with enough enthusiasm?

,----[ Quote ]
| Apparently, this guy was just a little too
| laidback in his response for Ballmer, who
| screamed âYouâre Fired!â and without skipping a
| beat pointed at another guy.
|
| Unfortunately, the video is unverified. The chap
| who uploaded hasn't responded yet for comment,
| and this  piece will be updated when I know
| more. What do you think: real or fake?
`----

http://www.examiner.com/x-32162-LA-Business-Tech-Examiner~y2009m12d20-Microsoft-CEO-Ballmer-fires-staffer-for-not-saying-Bing-with-enough-enthusiasm

Context:

Ex-Microsoft employee remembers the last sound he heard at Microsoft: Bing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GM4Lt5k24s