[News] [Rival] Vista Mobile 7 Delays and Problems, Microsoft Admits Behind Well Behind

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Vista Mobile 7 Delays and Problems, Microsoft Admits Behind Well Behind
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 17:54:34 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft Windows Mobile 7 delayed until 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has revealed that Windows Mobile 7 -
| the next version of its smartphone OS - is
| unlikely to be released until "late 2010".
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/121509-microsoft-windows-mobile-7-delayed.html

Microsoft admits Windows Mobile 7 delay

,----[ Quote ]
| The news comes from Microsoft's UK head of
| mobility Phil Moore who is quoted as saying:
| "It has been put back until late next year but
| it is definitely coming".
`----

http://m.pocket-lint.com/news/news.phtml/30237

Windows Mobile 7 not ready until late 2010

http://www.thetechherald.com/article.php/200951/4976/Windows-Mobile-7-not-ready-until-late-2010

Xperia X2 Delayed Again

It has been quite a while since Sony Ericsson officially announced the Windows Mobile powered Xperia X2.

http://www.techtree.com/India/News/Xperia_X2_Delayed_Again/551-108133-893.html

Windows Mobile on Life Support, Drops Behind iPhone

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/185079/windows_mobile_on_life_support_drops_behind_iphone.html

Apple Tops Windows in Smart Phone Share

http://www.e-gear.com/article/in-most-recent-ranking-market-share-smart-phone-operating-systems-comscore-research-motion-blackberry-retained-top-spot-415197_1.html

Microsoft mobile chief 'We're still playing catch-up' - with Apple

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple scored a home run with the iPhone, and
| rivals are still struggling to catch-up, even
| while Googleâs Android OS poses an additional
| threat to former smartphone industry leaders.
`----

http://www.9to5mac.com/microsoft_rim_apple_iphone_30195

Microsoft admits it was âcaught nappingâ by the iPhone

http://www.cultofmac.com/microsoft-admits-it-was-caught-napping-by-the-iphone/23466

Microsoft - Losing Ground in Mobile

,----[ Quote ]
| This year, I've been closely watching the
| horse race between iPhone, Android, and
| Windows Mobile.  As it's turning out, it's not
| much of a race for Microsoft.   As a big fan
| of Windows Mobile, I've been concerned that
| Microsoft would blow it as we headed into this
| crucial fourth quarter.
`----

http://www.glgroup.com/News/Microsoft---Losing-Ground-in-Mobile-45464.html

Recent:

Windows Mobile 7 in late 2010, already game over?

,----[ Quote ]
| A Microsoft official has come out and said that
| Windows Mobile 7 is coming in late 2010. At the
| same time, an analyst says that it's already
| game over for Microsoft.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/12/windows-mobile-7-in-late-2010-already-game-over.ars

See ya later, WinMo: Microsoft's mobile strategy needs a reboot

,----[ Quote ]
| After 13 years and countless kicks at the
| can, it's time for Microsoft to call it a
| day.
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/See-ya-later-WinMo-Microsofts-mobile-strategy-needs-a-reboot/1259877453

Windows Mobile loses nearly a third of market share

,----[ Quote ]
| The open-source Android operating system
| did not have any market share in Q3 2008,
| as it had only recently been introduced. In
| Q3 2009, however, it had a market share of
| 3.9 percent of the smartphone market.
| Palm's WebOS had 1.1 percent, and other
| Linux-based mobile operating systems had
| 4.7 percent.
`----

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communications/0,1000000085,39877964,00.htm

Windows Mobile smartphone sales plunge 20% in Q3

,----[ Quote ]
| The fact that Windows Mobile sales declined
| may not be a surprise, but the size of the
| decline is.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9140761/Windows_Mobile_smartphone_sales_plunge_20_in_Q3

Dell's Android phone confirmed