[News] Christmas-Themed GNU/Linux Advocacy

Tux's Christmas Carol

,----[ Quote ]
| Ebenezer recognised his office, it was in the
| early days. He was there laughing and joking
| and so were his old friends.  The atmosphere
| was jubilant. No one minded that all the
| computers had blue-screened with cryptic
| messages, they were all toasting the new
| Government and the newly signed 'Memorandum of
| no-understanding' that would guarantee many
| years of great prosperity.
`----

http://www.siriusit.co.uk/blogs/21-dec-2009/tuxs-christmas-carol

The most successful open source project ever

,----[ Quote ]
| Last night a colleague of mine was giving me a
| lesson in accounting (as I am going to start
| rolling out Point Of Sale systems with him).
| The lesson was valuable and, in a word,
| confusing (accountants do have a language of
| their own). At one point in the lesson I
| brought up open source, and he nearly turned
| red saying, âNothing is free.â That statement
| got me to thinking about free, open source,
| and open source projects. He is right -
| nothing is free. At some point, someone had to
| make some sort of investment into a project to
| bring it to life (be that investment money,
| time, labor, etc). This thought sparked
| another and led me to, are you readyâ
|
| Santa Claus.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=1142

Recent:

Merry Christmas : digiKam 1.0.0 is there...

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.digikam.org/node/491