[News] Why Dell's GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks Still Beats Vista 7

  • Subject: [News] Why Dell's GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks Still Beats Vista 7
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:11:48 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Dell introduces best Ubuntu netbook ever?

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has restricted Windows 7 Starter to
| make sure it's no competition for the more
| full-featured versions of Windows 7. For
| example, "It's got to have a super-small
| screen, which means it probably has a super-
| small keyboard, and it has to have a certain
| processor and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah."
| That ringing endorsement for Windows 7 Starter
| Edition was made by some guy named Steve
| Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft.
|
| Ubuntu 9.10, however, is an excellent desktop
| Linux distribution. While I'll be the first to
| admit that Ubuntu 9.10 has its rough-edges when
| you install it yourself on some systems, Dell
| has always done an excellent job of fitting
| Ubuntu on its systems.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/15289/dell_introduces_best_ubuntu_netbook_ever

Recent:

Dell netbook updated with Pineview CPU

,----[ Quote ]
| Announced in February, the Dell Mini 10
| appears to be the one of the more popular
| netbooks on the market, along with the
| similar, scaled down Mini 10v. The Dell Mini
| models are also some of the few netbooks from
| mainstream PC vendors that currently offer
| Linux (Ubuntu) as a pre-installed option.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Dell-Mini-10-2010-edition/?kc=rss

One Third of Dell Inspiron Mini 9s Sold Run Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.laptopmag.com/one-third-of-dell-inspiron-mini-9s-sold-run-linux