[News] A Look at KDE4's Upper Hand in Visuals

  • Subject: [News] A Look at KDE4's Upper Hand in Visuals
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:10:55 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

KDE 4 Windows Switching Preview â openSUSE

,----[ Quote ]
| I decided to check out the different Windows
| Switching options in KDE 4, and decided Iâd
| give a little preview of the 5 different
| methods which are:
|
| No Effect
| Box Switch
| Present Windows
| Cover Switch
| Flip Switch
`----

http://www.benkevan.com/blog/kde-4-windows-switching-preview-opensuse/

These guys make the mistake of inviting Novell for keynote:

Texas Linux Fest announces keynote speaker and call for papers

,----[ Quote ]
| Texas Linux Fest is proud to announce the
| first annual Linux and open source software
| event for Texas and the surrounding region,
| Texas Linux Fest 2010, scheduled for April 10
| at the Monarch Event Center in Austin.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/367684/

Recent:

Arch Linux 2009.8 Installation Visualization â VirtualBox

,----[ Quote ]
| Hereâs another visual walkthrough of an
| installation. This time of Arch Linux Core
| (Core has all the base packages on CD and you
| have the option for a network, or cd
| install), which is typically for the more
| advanced Linux users.
|
| Iâm not going to commentate per screenshot
| because well, itâd take me FOREVER. Iâll do a
| few though, and hope I donât get carried
| away.
`----

http://www.benkevan.com/blog/arch-linux-2009-8-installation-visualization-virtualbox/

ArchLinux + modular KDE 4 + Tools = Chakra (Alpha 4)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.mygnulinux.com/?p=480