[News] Linux Staging for 2.6.33 Explained in Detail

  • Subject: [News] Linux Staging for 2.6.33 Explained in Detail
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 19:20:16 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Staging tree status for the .33 kernel merge

,----[ Quote ]
| This was originally sent to the linux-kernel
| and driver-devel mailing lists. Might as well
| post it here to get a wider audience as the
| last report was received well.
|
| Here's a summary of the state of the
| drivers/staging/ tree, basically what will be
| coming in the 2.6.33 merge, and what the status
| of the different drivers are so far.
`----

http://www.kroah.com/log/linux/staging-status-12-2009.html

Recent:

Kernel Log: Linux 2.6.33 enters test phase

,----[ Quote ]
| With the end of the next kernel version's
| main development phase, the most important
| new features of Linux 2.6.33 have been
| determined: DRBD, Nouveau, support of the
| Trim ATA command and a bandwidth controller
| for block devices. The developers have also
| improved the Radeon drivers and the support
| of Intel Wi-Fi chips. New stable kernels
| also fix a vulnerability in the code of
| Ext4, but will shortly be superseded by
| even more current versions.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Kernel-Log-Linux-2-6-33-enters-test-phase-890581.html

Linux 2.6.33 RC1

,----[ Quote ]
| Talking about the merge window: there were a
| _lot_ of trees that left their pull requests
| pretty dang late. Not everything I merged
| yesterday and today were late pull requests,
| but a lot of it was. I'm used to have a
| fairly busy last day of the merge window, but
| it was a busy last two days  this time -
| definitely worse than usual.
`----

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/929499

Kernel Log: New stable kernels, 2.6.33 with DRBD and RT2800PCI

,----[ Quote ]
| Kernel versions 2.6.27.40, 2.6.27.41 and
| 2.6.31.7 offer minor improvements and correct
| several bugs â including one security hole.
| Torvalds has already incorporated more than
| 5,000 changes for Linux 2.6.33. Its merge
| window will probably be open for just over
| another week. Various developers are working
| on significant improvements to the open source
| Radeon graphics drivers.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Kernel-Log-New-stable-kernels-2-6-33-with-DRBD-and-RT2800PCI-883212.html

A Great Present In The Linux 2.6.33 Kernel

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzc4OQ