[News] Moonlight Still a Pile of Microsoft Venom, as Always

  • Subject: [News] Moonlight Still a Pile of Microsoft Venom, as Always
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:18:59 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

10 Problems with the New Moonlight Covenant

,----[ Quote ]
| Problem #1: Novell-Only, Pt. 1
|
| [...]
|
| Problem #2: No Deviations
|
| [...]
|
| Problem #3: OS Limitiations
|
| [...]
|
| Problem #4: The Killswitch
|
| [...]
|
| Problem #5: Overlapping Promises
|
| [...]
|
| Problem #6: Novell-Only, Pt. 2
|
| [...]
|
| Problem #7: Novell-Only, Pt. 3
|
| [...]
|
| Problem #8: Platform Limited
|
| [...]
|
| Problem #9: GPL-Hostile
|
| [...]
|
| Problem #10: Expiration Date
`----

http://www.the-source.com/2009/12/10-problems-with-the-new-moonlight-covenant/

[Satire] Microsoft promises to play nice this time

,----[ Quote ]
| The new Microsoft Amazingly Open And Genuine
| Public License allows you complete freedom
| to use, modify and redistribute the software
| provided that every copy comes with a DVD of
| Windows Vista Ultimate, you acknowledge that
| Microsoftâs FAT patent protects a remarkable
| and valuable innovation in computer science
| and all accompanying documentation is in
| OOXML. Also, all your data belongs to
| Microsoft.
|
| The overwhelming dominance of Microsoft was
| assured, he said, pointing to their success
| in paying netbook manufacturers to use
| Windows XP and paying US retailers not to
| stock the Linux versions of the computers.
| âWeâre also enforcing our patent on right-
| clicking. And on the number seven.â
`----

http://newstechnica.com/2009/04/13/microsoft-promises-to-play-nice-this-time/

Recent:

Analysis: How Moonlight 2.0 Fits into Novell's Linux and Open Source Plans

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/39062-analysis-how-moonlight-20-fits-into-novells-linux-and-open-source-