[News] Review of Lesser Known GNOME Music Applications for GNOME, Wine Audio

  • Subject: [News] Review of Lesser Known GNOME Music Applications for GNOME, Wine Audio
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 22:28:26 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Listen Review - Alternative Music Player for GNOME

,----[ Quote ]
| There is a huge number of audio players for
| GNOME which strive to offer as many features as
| possible, with Banshee, Exaile or Rhythmbox
| currently being the most popular for this
| matter. Since features like easy access to
| lyrics, Wikipedia information or collection
| management are a must-have for a complex audio
| player, it looks like Listen makes no exception
| regarding those either.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/12/listen-review-alternative-music-player.html

The future of Wine sound

,----[ Quote ]
| Sound in Wine has been a big issue.  From a
| userâs perspective, it didnât work well.
| From a technical userâs perspective, there
| were 3 different drivers to choose from and
| none of them worked well.  From a developerâs
| perspective, no sound driver would ever work
| well.
`----

http://yokozar.org/blog/archives/178

VTK: New 2D API, Canvas and Charting Features

,----[ Quote ]
| Since joining Kitware in October, one of the
| first projects I was tasked with is revamping
| the 2D charting capabilities in VTK and
| ParaView. At first I was a little daunted as
| it meant digging through many of the
| internals of VTK, and breaking an assumption
| that is made in many parts of VTK - that
| everything being rendered is 3D.
`----

http://blog.cryos.net/archives/236-VTK-New-2D-API,-Canvas-and-Charting-Features.html

Recent:

Letâs give PulseAudio a chance

,----[ Quote ]
| Poettering is concerned the in the upcoming
| Ubuntu release Canonical has âagainâ done âsome
| genius thingâ to make PulseAudio on Ubuntu
| perform worse than it could.
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/blog/talkingtech/2009/10/let_s_give_pulseaudio_a_chance

Ubuntu doesn't get it