[News] New GNU/Linux Releases: VortexBox, Clonezilla, Salix, Elive, Tuquito

  • Subject: [News] New GNU/Linux Releases: VortexBox, Clonezilla, Salix, Elive, Tuquito
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 23:43:10 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

21 Dec 09 VortexBox 1.0 released

,----[ Quote ]
| After several months of hard work we have
| released VortexBox 1.0. It has many of the
| features requested by the community including
`----

http://vortexbox.org/2009/12/vortexbox-1-0-released/

Clonezilla 1.2.3-20

http://www.clonezilla.org/

Salix 13.0.2 is ready!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Salix team is proud to announce the
| release of Salix 13.0.2. The most important
| change this release brings is the addition of
| a 64-bit port of Salix! As the 32-bit
| counterpart, Salix64 is fully backwards
| compatible with Slackware64 and provides a
| simple and fast way to install an XFCE based
| system that follows the one-app-per-task
| philosophy. The 64-bit repositories already
| include a considerable number of packages,
| making it the largest third party package
| repository for Slackware64 users available!
| The Salix team has also created and maintains
| a repository that includes dependency
| information for all Slackware packages, 32
| and 64-bit.
`----

http://www.salixos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=402

Elive 1.9.54 development released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Elive Team is proud to announce the
| release of the development version 1.9.54
`----

http://www.elivecd.org/Main/News/elive-development-1.9.54-released

Tuquito 3.1

http://www.tuquito.org.ar/

Recent:

Torvalds rejects one-size-fits-all Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/246534/torvalds-rejects-onesizefitsall-linux.html