[News] Nokia's Linux Internet Tablet in Review After 2 Months

  • Subject: [News] Nokia's Linux Internet Tablet in Review After 2 Months
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 00:04:05 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Image Gallery: A look at the Nokia N900 Maemo 5 device after two months of use

,----[ Quote ]
| The Nokia N900 is now available from various
| US retailers and after two full months of
| using a loaner device I just purchased my
| own. This latest Linux-based device has a new
| version of the Maemo OS and integrates a
| cellular radio. You will find some aspects of
| S60 in the N900, along with a rather unique
| user interface and extremely powerful
| Mozilla-based web browser. Apps are still
| early in development, but with the browser
| you can do most everything you need to do
| with dedicated apps.
`----

http://content.zdnet.com/2346-17932_22-376672.html

Nokia Brings Forward N900 Contract Release Date

,----[ Quote ]
| No waiting lists - all orders for Nokia N900
| Deals are said to be shipping immediately.
`----

http://www.ukprwire.com/Detailed/Telecommunications/Nokia_Brings_Forward_N900_Contract_Release_Date_61885.shtml

Nokia N900 Contract Release Date moved forward

,----[ Quote ]
| Apparently there are no waiting lists either,
| all orders for the Nokia N900 deals are being
| shipped immediately. Reports earlier in
| December indicated and frustrated Nokia fans
| as they claimed that the Nokia N900 wouldnât
| be available until January 2010.
`----

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2009/12/24/nokia-n900-contract-release-date-moved-forward/

Recent:

15 Ways Nokiaâs N900 Is Better Than Appleâs iPhone (and 5 ways itâs not)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.starryhope.com/nokia-n900/2009/15-ways-nokias-n900-is-better-than-apples-iphone-and-5-ways-its-not/