[News] GNU/Linux Desktop: Already a Victor

Subject: Re: Re: NO they DONT

,----[ Quote ]
| > > Linux should not compete with windows!
| > > Linux should compete with itself!
| > > We choose Linux because it is NOT windows.
| > > It
| > > does things better! To be better means you
| > > have to be different, ie not the same as
| > > windows.
|
| > > We should develop our vision and execute on
| > > that. Let Microsoft do their thing, and let
| > > the people decide which they want to use.
|
| > > For Linux success!="world domination" (or
| > > even desktop domination).
|
| > > Success is different for each person, but
| > > maybe its something like "it does what I
| > > need
| > > it to do".
|
| > Well said !, I agree as a Linux user being
| > tired of this Windows BS.
|
| You both got there before me. Windows, as bad
| as it is, is held up as some sort of Gold
| Standard, largely by people who are resistant
| to change - the devil-you-know mentality
| prevails.
| I see this daily in other projects where the
| hardware is open source 100%, but the software
| is a complete mush of bits and pieces that fit
| only with Windows and where the few of us who
| are using Linux, the solution is very simple
| and works. The Windows solution often receive
| the comments on the niceness of the GUI look
| after they've gone through the hoops to get the
| bits knitted together.
| I've stopped looking at Windows problems for
| anyone as it's a pain and I tell anyone who
| asks, including my daughter, go elsewhere as I
| just don't want the hassles.
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-12-25-001-35-OP-BZ-0002

My operating system is better than yours.

,----[ Quote ]
| It's all over the intanut tubes. My system is
| better than your system. Nyah, nyah, nyah!
| Usually with a response along the lines of
| sticks and stones will break my bones but names
| will never hurt me. The endless fights between
| windows and Linux advocates never seem to end.
| Both factions accuse each other of being
| FUDmunsters and zealots and both factions
| defend their own actions aggressively.
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/my-operating-system-is-better-than-yours-36066

Faces behind Linux â Underappreciated Open Source Youtubers

http://www.indomandriva.co.cc/faces-behind-linux-underappreciated-open-source-youtubers/

I love Google search resultsâ OS X trails Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I love Suse      -     412,000
| I love Fedora    -   1,180,000
| I love Uubntu    -   4,040,000
| I love OS X      -  28,100,000
| I love Linux     -  81,600,000
`----

http://ftbeowulf.wordpress.com/2009/12/25/i-love-google-search-results-os-x-trails-linux/

Recent:

Lotus goes after Microsoft's 'ridiculous and fabricated' figures

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=E39269C4-1A64-67EA-E40BBCC570E304C6