[News] K Desktop Environment Gets Better Integrated with PolicyKit

  • Subject: [News] K Desktop Environment Gets Better Integrated with PolicyKit
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 01:13:09 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

KDE extends Polkit support to polkit-1

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, the first version of polkit-qt-1 and
| polkit-kde-1 have been released to the
| public. Thanks to these tools, KDE
| applications now integrate nicely with the
| new polkit-1 with a native authentication
| dialog. An authorization manager, the
| equivalent of the Polkit Authorization System
| Settings module, will be included in future
| releases. Find out more about PolicyKit on
| Freedesktop.org..
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/12/25/kde-extends-polkit-support-polkit-1

Proposal for a new Linux distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| # Based on one, and only one, desktop
| environment. I'm seriously thinking of KDE 4
| (seriously). There is a strong reason for
| this, primarily that KDE uses Qt, which will
| make a good foundation for another choice I
| have in mind.
`----

http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2009/12/proposal-for-new-linux-distribution.html

Recent:

KDE Software Compilation 4.4 Beta 2 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| In just a bit over a month should be the
| release of KDE 4.4, or more properly known
| now as KDE Software Compilation 4.4. A
| month and a half ago was the first beta
| release, but now KDE Software Compilation
| 4.4 Beta 2 is ready and has been released
| to the public this morning.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzgyOA

KDE Software Compilation 4.4-beta2 Out Now: Codename "Claus"

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://kde.org/announcements/announce-4.4-beta2.php