[News] [Rival] Free Software Advocates Further by Microsoft's New Attacks on Shops

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Free Software Advocates Further by Microsoft's New Attacks on Shops
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 02:17:40 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

"It's easier for our software to compete with Linux when there's piracy
than when there's not."

                   --Bill Gates

CBI arrests two persons for making counterfeit software

http://www.ptinews.com/news/440606_CBI-arrests-two-persons-for-making-counterfeit-software

CBI arrests MD of software company for piracy

,----[ Quote ]
| The CBI on Friday arrested the managing
| director of a software firm for allegedly
| carrying out piracy of Microsoft products.
| The accused, Kamlesh Jha, who heads a
| Dwarka-based firm, K K Solutions, was a
| gold certified partner of Microsoft, the
| complainant in the case.
`----

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/CBI-arrests-MD-of-software-company-for-piracy/articleshow/5379414.cms

Software firm chief arrested for forging Microsoft products

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/uncategorized/software-firm-chief-arrested-for-forging-microsoft-products_100294691.html

Software firm chief arrested for forging Microsoft products

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/et-cetera/Software-firm-chief-arrested-for-forging-Microsoft-products/articleshow/5378593.cms

IT firm chief arrested for software piracy

,----[ Quote ]
| A managing director of a city based
| software firm, a gold certified partner of
| Microsoft, and his associate have been
| arrested for cheating and forgery of
| Microsoft products, officials of the
| Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) said
| Friday.
`----

http://www.expressbuzz.com/finance/story.aspx?Title=IT+firm+chief+arrested+for+software+piracy&artid=BChXsILSlEE=&SectionID=XT7e3Zkr/lw=&MainSectionID=XT7e3Zkr/lw=&SEO=SOFTWARE,+MICROSOFT,+PIRACY&SectionName=HFdYSiSIflu29kcfsoAfeg==

Recent:

Microsoft: âPiracy no longer poses a threat to usâ

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://freakbits.com/microsoft-piracy-no-longer-poses-a-threat-to-us-1202