[News] Google is Eliminating Microsoft Monopolies, Microsoft Fights Back Dirty

  • Subject: [News] Google is Eliminating Microsoft Monopolies, Microsoft Fights Back Dirty
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 02:26:53 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google to buy DocVerse, introduce Microsoft Office doc collaboration

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has been positioning Google Apps as
| an Office killer and encouraging companies
| to adopt it. Meanwhile, Microsoft
| countered with a web-based component to
| Office 2010. The latest move comes from
| Google, though, with the acquisition of
| DocVerse.
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/12/21/google-reportedly-buying-docverse-introducing-office-collaborat/

Google acquisitions may signal big push against Microsoft Office

,----[ Quote ]
| I use  Google Docs for almost all of my
| writing, and Iâll be the first to admit
| that itâs pretty bare-bones compared to
| Microsoft Office. But that may change next
| year.
|
| [...]
|
| By the way, Google declined to comment on
| the DocVerse acquisition rumor (as it
| always does), and the startup didnât even
| bother to answer my email. DocVerse raised
| $1.3 million from Baseline Ventures and
| assorted angel investors.
`----

http://deals.venturebeat.com/2009/12/21/google-docs-acquisitions-office-docverse/

Google Targets Microsoft Office with DocVerse Deal

http://www.toptechnews.com/story.xhtml?story_id=11200DJA2568&full_skip=1

This Is Why Microsoft Is So Far Behind Google on the Web

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has billions of dollars to
| spend, and more market clout than any
| software company in the world, thanks to
| its Windows and Office hegemonies.
|
| Isn't it stunning that the company is far
| behind Google and even Yahoo in the online
| space? Why is that? It's not for lack of
| resources and talent.
`----

http://googlewatch.eweek.com/content/google_vs_microsoft/this_is_why_microsoft_is_so_far_behind_google_on_the_web.html

Debate Rages On in Microsoft Vs. Google Web War

http://googlewatch.eweek.com/content/google_vs_microsoft/debate_rages_on_in_microsoft_vs_google_web_war.html

Google's powerful brand name, top-notch technical staff keep it ahead of the curve

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/sns-yourmoney-1227leckey,0,3167799.story

In Search, Microsoft May Race to the Bottom

,----[ Quote ]
| Talks between Microsoft and News Corp.
| show the software company is willing to
| trade revenue for market share to put
| pressure on Google
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/dec2009/tc20091221_722657.htm

Verizonâs New Motto: Why Not Be Evil?

,----[ Quote ]
| Itâs Microsoft Bing or nothing. (The
| BlackBerry used to offer Google, Wikipedia
| and others.)
| Why? Because Microsoft paid Verizon $500
| million, according to The Register.
|
| I donât know. Maybe Verizon heard that
| there were six people left on Earth who
| didnât have a reason to dislike it.
`----

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/22/verizons-new-motto-why-not-be-evil/

Recent:

Verizon snuffs Google for Microsoft search

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/19/verizon_snuffs_google_for_bing/