[News] List of Lesser-known Free Software Contributions from Google

  • Subject: [News] List of Lesser-known Free Software Contributions from Google
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 01:48:25 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google Open Source Projects You Didnât Know About

,----[ Quote ]
| I just came across some Open source projects
| by Google, which were really unknown to me.
`----

http://techie-buzz.com/featured/google-open-source-projects.html

Google pays Jeremy Allison to work on Samba...

Samba Team Blog #3

,----[ Quote ]
| The Samba 4 code has been worked on for over
| five years, and the Active Directory code is
| reaching a state where it's being run in
| production at several test sites.
|
| When the Samba Team met at the CIFS conference
| this year, we had a meeting to put together a
| plan for shipping a production Samba 4 code-
| base. Here's how we think it might work.
`----

http://news.samba.org/developers/Samba_Team_Blog_3/

Recent:

Chrome OS move heats up Microsoft-Google rivalry

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/345740/Chrome_OS_Move_Heats_Up_Microsoft_Google_Rivalry