[News] Psystar to Focus on GNU/Linux for Desktops

  • Subject: [News] Psystar to Focus on GNU/Linux for Desktops
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 23:05:04 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Psystar halts sales of Mac cloning tool, will peddle Linux PCs

,----[ Quote ]
| Mac clone maker Psystar last week indefinitely
| suspended sales of its only product, a $50
| utility that lets customers install Apple's
| Snow Leopard operating system on generic
| Intel-based computers.
|
| The company also said it would resume selling
| systems "in the coming days." Those machines
| will run Linux rather than Mac OS X.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9142778/Psystar_halts_sales_of_Mac_cloning_tool_will_peddle_Linux_PCs

Also in China:

Chinese pirates clone XP

,----[ Quote ]
| We suspect that Redmond is having a few words
| with Chinese authorities about the cloning.
|
| We feel sorry for all the Ubuntu developers
| out there who must be looking at their Open
| Source child twisted and corrupted until it
| looks so much like the proprietary enemy.
`----

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/16991/1/

Recent:

Psystar Intros Core i7-Based PC with No Mac OS X Support

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Psystar-Intros-Core-i7-Based-PC-with-No-Mac-OS-X-Support-108904.shtml