[News] New Themes and Artwork for Docky and KDE

  • Subject: [News] New Themes and Artwork for Docky and KDE
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 23:15:12 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

2 Gorgeous New Docky Skins

,----[ Quote ]
| Amongst them are the utterly gorgeous
| looking âPlastic Glassâ theme designed for
| use in Dockyâs 3D mode and an âinlaidâ
| theme that perfectly suits Dockyâs Panel
| Mode. The themes also come with replacement
| tooltips â a great addition that really
| makes these themes complete.
|
| DeviantArt-ist kshegzyaj has created some
| stunning new themes for use with premier
| Dock application Docky.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2009/12/2-gorgeous-new-docky-skins.html

12 Awesome KDM Themes For Your Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| KDM (KDE Display Manager) is the K Desktop
| Environment replacement for XDM, the X
| Display Manager. KDM allows users to pick
| their session type on a per-login basis
| using different themes and user photos.
`----

http://www.online-blogger.net/2009/12/28/12-awesome-kdm-themes-for-your-linux/

How to customize your KDE desktop with KDE-Look.org

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE-Look.org is part of a family of desktop
| websites, all under the umbrella of
| OpenDesktop.org. With each release, KDE is
| moving closer to complete integration with
| OpenDesktop.org, where the installation of
| new themes and visual improvements are
| seamless.
|
| There are already several visual components
| of the K desktop environment that are
| already integrated. Among them are: desktop
| wallpaper, Plasma themes, KDM themes,
| KSplash, color schemes, icon themes,
| emoticons, and widgets (plasmoid scripts).
| What this means is that a user can open the
| dialog to change one of these elements,
| download new themes, and apply them without
| ever having to leave the window.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/customize-kde-desktop-with-kde-look-org/2009/12/28

digiKam 1.1 Splash-screens: call to photographers !

,----[ Quote ]
| Just in time for Christmas 2009, digiKam
| 1.0 have been released. But the future is
| already there. Next digiKam 1.1 is planed
| for end of January 2010, as a bugfixes
| release, to consolidate code with users
| feedback after production using...
`----

http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/493

Recent:

15 Minimalist Linux Wallpapers for a Distraction-free Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| I always keep my desktop workspace clean and
| without distraction. One of the most important
| things that I do to keep it clear is by using
| only wallpapers with simple design.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/12/15-minimalist-linux-wallpapers-for.html

8 Cheerful Christmas Linux Wallpapers