WinTrolls Distort What Linux Advocates Say, Then Attack Straw Men to Daemonise Them

  • Subject: WinTrolls Distort What Linux Advocates Say, Then Attack Straw Men to Daemonise Them
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 00:18:06 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Suffice to say, the WinTrolls lie systematically, taking something I say
completely out of context or deliberately misrepresenting what I say (sometimes
making stuff up). And if people check the original things _in context_, then
it's all factual, with references even. The WinTrolls know this, but they rely
on sloppiness from people who won't verify.

Basically, it's clear that the trolls struggle to counter the facts, so instead
they have a plan to delegitimise the messengers, by falsely claiming that they
are X, Y, and Z, that they said A, B, C, and they I work for someone (oooh!
Conspiracy!). At best, some people will believe their lies; otherwise, they
might as well have advocates spend time countering their lies, which usually
they don't. It's all part of the plan WinTrolls have to disrupt this newsgroup
and smear people who commit the 'sin' of advocating Linux and criticising outlaw
companies that -- like them -- are attacking Linux and Linux advocates.

Ask Peter Quinn what happens when you stand in the way of a corporate gang
masquerading as a software company.

Microsoft is a de facto cult. It really shows.