[News] Praises for SuperOS. a Ubuntu Family Member (Derivative Rather)

  • Subject: [News] Praises for SuperOS. a Ubuntu Family Member (Derivative Rather)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 20:33:39 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

SuperOS: Like Ubuntu But Easier

,----[ Quote ]
| One problem I run into a lot when recommending
| Ubuntu to complete Linux newbies is they aren't
| used to installing codecs or using the terminal
| when they want to play DVDs, MP3s and other
| file types. Explaining the legal situation is
| something I make a point of doing but some
| people "just want it to work". This is what has
| led me to Super Ubuntu or SuperOS as it's now
| called. Once the recently released SuperOS 9.10
| was adequately seeded I downloaded this
| enhanced version of Ubuntu and took it for a
| spin.
`----

http://beginlinux.com/desktop_training/ubuntu/superos-like-ubuntu-but-easier

Recent:

Super OS 9.10 - Karmic Koala with Muscles

,----[ Quote ]
| Hacktolive.org announced today, December 29th,
| yet another version of their Ubuntu-based Linux
| distribution... with "super powers." Super OS
| 9.10 (formerly known as Super Ubuntu) includes
| patches, tools and technologies that are missing
| from a standard Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala)
| default installation.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Super-OS-9-10-Karmic-Koala-with-Muscles-130795.shtml

Super OS 9.04 Is More Than Ubuntu 9.04

,----[ Quote ]
| Super OS authors have granted to the users the possibility to perform an
| upgrade from the currently installed Ubuntu or Super Ubuntu Linux
| distribution, but a clean installation of Super OS would be a better choice.
| Super OS is available for free download as Live DVD and Install DVD only for
| x86 machines (download links are published on the Super OS official website).
`----

http://www.downloadtube.com/blog/2009/04/27/super-os-904-is-more-than-ubuntu-904/

Living To Hack and Getting It Done

,----[ Quote ]