[News] Google to Launch Google's Android (Linux) Phone Next Week - Sources

  • Subject: [News] Google to Launch Google's Android (Linux) Phone Next Week - Sources
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 20:48:50 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Googlephone debuts Jan. 5, says everyone but Google

,----[ Quote ]
| This morning, a carefully selected slice of
| the tech press received a short but sweet
| invitation to the announcement event. In the
| long-standing tradition of milking product
| announcements for every drop of suspense,
| the invitation doesn't mention the Nexus One
| specifically, but merely reads:
|
|     With the launch of the first Android-
|     powered device just over a year ago,
|     weâve seen how a powerful, open platform
|     can spur mobile product innovation. And
|     this is just the beginning of whatâs
|     possible.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/30/android_event_january_5/

Google Confirms Android Media Event -- Hello, Nexus One?

,----[ Quote ]
| It may be the moment the tech world's been
| waiting for: Google has just officially
| announced plans for an Android-related media
| event to be held next Tuesday, January 5, at
| its Mountain View campus.
|
| If recent online chatter is to be believed,
| the event could have something to do with
| the Nexus One -- the highly anticipated HTC-
| built handset seemingly under development by
| Google.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/185565/Google_Confirms_Android_Media_Event__Hello_Nexus_One.html?tk=rss_news

Android Developer Challenge Winners!

,----[ Quote ]
| The quality of applications available on
| Google's Android platform is improving by
| leaps and bounds. Whereas most of the apps
| that Google showcased last year in its first
| Android Developer Challenge
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/183674/the_most_amazing_android_apps_of_2009.html?tk=rss_news

Linux Outlaws 129 - The Year 2009 in Review (Year of the Android Revolution)

,----[ Quote ]
| In the final show for the year and the
| decade, Dan and Fab look back at 2009 and
| the major news stories of the year. We also
| try to decide what this year was all about.
| Thereâs even some special funny content as a
| little bonus.
`----

http://linuxoutlaws.com/podcast/129

18 Must Have Google Chrome Extensions

,----[ Quote ]
| Google and its applications are fast
| becoming the backbone of the internet. They
| seem to be solving everyoneâs problems with
| free stuffs. Just when you get happy with
| something like Firefox, Google comes along
| and makes a browser thatâs fast, super
| secure and has all kinds of add-ons and
| themes to personalize it.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/18-must-have-chrome-extensions/2009/12/29

Recent:

Android is big in the mobile OS game

,----[ Quote ]
| ACCORDING TO STATISTICS from Comscore,
| Google's Android OS has made a quick and big
| impression on US mobile users.
|
| User statistics compiled by the firm show
| that Android has had an impact on Americans
| already and is the second most popular
| platform for accessing social media sites
| and mobile media.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1566683/android-mobile-os-game

Forrester: Google Android Smartphones to Take 10% of Market in 2010

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.cio.com/article/511783/Forrester_Google_Android_Smartphones_to_Take_10_of_Market_in_2010?source=rss_news