[News] [Rival] Microsoft General Manager Jumps Ship, CodePlex Front Group Dysfunctional

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft General Manager Jumps Ship, CodePlex Front Group Dysfunctional
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 10:56:38 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

One Microsoft Dynamics GM moves up, another moves on

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft also confirmed the departure of
| Dean Lester, another company veteran and
| Dynamics general manager, who had previously
| been general manager for Windows graphics
| and gaming technologies. The company didn't
| disclose Lester's reasons for leaving but
| said, in response to our inquiry, that they
| were not related to changes in the Dynamics
| organization. We left a message for Lester
| at a publicly listed home number but haven't
| heard back.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2009/12/one_microsoft_dynamics_gm_named_vp_while_another_departs.htm

All Quiet on the CodePlex Front as 100 Day Mark Passes

,----[ Quote ]
| As you may recall, Microsoft announced back
| on September 10 that it had launched a new
| foundation "as a forum in which open source
| communities and the software development
| community can come together with the shared
| goal of increasing participation in open
| source community projects."  It called it's
| new non-profit organization the CodePlex
| Foundation, echoing the name of a commercial
| site, called CodePlex.com, that it had
| earlier set up to host open source
| development projects.
|
| Microsoft launched the CodePlex Foundation
| with bylaws and other governance documents
| with which I had some issues, and about
| which I posted some recommendations.  But it
| also publicly stated that these documents,
| and the initial boards of directors and
| advisors, were only temporary.  Within 100
| days, the statements posted at the site
| pledged, a new Board would be announced.
| Nominations for the Boards of Directors and
| Advisors were welcomed, as well as
| recommendations on changes to the governance
| documents.
|
| But December 19 - the 100 day mark - passed
| quietly, with no announcement of a new Board
| or a status update on the other goals.  So
| what's up with the CodePlex Foundation, and
| its pledge to promptly transition into a
| more independent organization?
|
| One clue may be that the search for a
| permanent Executive Director, to replace
| interim President Sam Ramji, apparently
| isn't moving quickly.
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20091230080801368