[News] Broadcom HD Video Accelerator Gains Linux Support

  • Subject: [News] Broadcom HD Video Accelerator Gains Linux Support
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 22:13:54 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux drivers for Broadcom HD Video Accelerator

,----[ Quote ]
| The Broadcom Crystal HD video decoder is a
| card that you can slip into a netbook to
| enable HD video playback on computer with an
| Intel Atom processor and integrated graphics.
| Broadcom has supported Windows since day one,
| and the Broadcom BCM70012 and BCM70015 cards
| play well with Windows media Player 12, Adobe
| Flash Player 10.1 beta, ArcSoft TotalMedia
| Theatre and CyberLink PowerDVD. Linux, on the
| other hand, has been a different storyâ up
| until now.
`----

http://www.liliputing.com/2009/12/linux-drivers-for-broadcom-hd-video-accelerator.html

welcome to the internet acceleration appliance blog

,----[ Quote ]
| As well as detailing my solution, I have also
| written some very basic general
| Linux/Networking guides - basically stuff that
| I learned whilst getting the Internet
| Acceleration Appliance working.
`----

http://www.internetaccelerationappliance.com/

Recent:

Broadcom Offers Royalty-Free, Open Source BroadVoice(R) Wideband and Narrowband
Voice Codecs to Enhance the Quality of Voice Transmissions

,----[ Quote ]
| As a direct response to customer demand for
| advanced, high-quality voice solutions and
| development tools, Broadcom is releasing its
| wideband and narrowband BroadVoice codecs in
| both floating-point and fixed-point C code as
| open source software under the GNU Lesser
| General Public License (LGPL), version 2.1,
| as published by the Free Software Foundation.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/200911100800PR_NEWS_USPR_____LA07991.htm

Can't Buy 'Em? Sue 'Em For Patent Infringement!

,----[ Quote ]
| JohnForDummies alerts us to Broadcom's latest
| patent infringement suit, this time against
| Emulex. Broadcom is quite aggressive on the patent
| front, so at first this didn't seem like a big
| deal.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090915/1059576202.shtml

Broadcom sues Emulex in patent spat