[News] eyeOS (GNU/Linux-based) Gets Support from IBM CollaborationeyeOS

  • Subject: [News] eyeOS (GNU/Linux-based) Gets Support from IBM CollaborationeyeOS
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 22:25:59 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

eyeOS and IBM â Working together

,----[ Quote ]
| Weâre happy to present to the eyeOS community
| the result of more than six months of work
| together with the great IBM US team, where
| eyeOS will be the Sample Workload of the new
| System Z serie Solution Edition for Cloud
| Computing. System Z is the IBM brand used to
| produce their mainframe servers, used
| worldwide by governments, big companies and
| thousands of organizations.
`----

http://blog.eyeos.org/en/2009/12/16/eyeos-and-ibm-working-togethe/

Recent:

eyeOS: Your Own Private Linux Cloud that You Control (part 2)

,----[ Quote ]
| Don't get too used to eyeOS. Version 2.0 will have a
| much different look and enhanced features. The release
| is already set for January 1st, 2010. As their blog
| says, it will feature a new desktop, applications,
| filesystem; pretty much everything.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/6856/1/

eyeOS Takes the Operating System Into the Cloud

,----[ Quote ]
| With the rising popularity of cloud computing, entire operating systems
| designed to work in the cloud should come as no surprise. Indeed, virtual
| computing environments are becoming so predominate that some suspect Google's
| development of the Chrome browser -- and more recently the Chrome operating
| system -- is nothing more than cloud computing in disguise.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/eyeos-takes-the-operating-system-into-the-cloud

First Look: eyeOS 1.8.5 - A first look in the cloud

,----[ Quote ]
| In the past, having your head in the clouds was generally regarded as a bad
| thing. Nowadays, everybody wants to have their share of The Cloud. Having all
| your digital stuff somewhere on a server, ready to be accessed from virtually
| anywhere, is bliss for some and an absolute nightmare for others. While I
| know the fact that my files will never be completely safe in the cloud, I
| also know that they aren't completely safe on a local Internet-connected
| computer either, so I am ready to embrace (within some limits) the Cloud.
|
| [...]
|
| The best part is that you'll be able to save your documents not only in
| eyeOS' format but also either as .doc (Microsoft Word's format) or as .odt
| (Open Document Text).
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Look-eyeOS-1-8-5-108379.shtml

Create Your Own Cloud Operating System With EyeOS

http://maketecheasier.com/create-your-own-cloud-operating-system-with-eyeos/2009/04/01

Related:

eyeOS

,----[ Quote ]
| In episode 2x14 of The Bad Apples Linux Cast, I talked about all manners of
| portable operating systems, including web-based, shell accounts, and usb
| drive OS's. One of the web-based systems was eyeOS (eyeos.info for demo) and
| I remember being impressed and intrigued but a little underwhelmed by
| performance.
|
| Enter threethirty, a fellow host of Linux Cranks and an all-around
| adventurous guy. One weekend he decides to learn how to set up a server, and
| then all week long he's loading up all kinds of insanely cool web services
| for everyone to fool around with. He put opengoo (online office suite) on his
| server, and then eyeOS.
`----

http://www.binrev.com/forums/blog/xklaatux/index.php?s=a5bcf67c4c75709171d60bdc7c31e52d

The eyeOS: A Review

,----[ Quote ]
| The eyeOS has been making ripples among enthusiasts of âcloudâ computing. It
| intends to serve as an Operating System which can be accessed anywhere
| through a web browser. One just has to install the eyeOS on to one's web
| server or use the web hosting solution provided by the vendors themselves. On
| top of that, it is one of the first open source offerings on the cloud
| (Google, even though running on open source components, is in itself
| proprietary).
`----

http://freewebsoftwarereviews.blogspot.com/2008/02/eyeos-review.html

The Office Revolution, in eyeOS 1.3

,----[ Quote ]
| This will be possible thanks to some hard work on the great OpenOffice
| platform, that will provide, in the server where eyeOS is installed,
| conversions between lots of formats to the eyeOS native ones trought some
| macros that will connect eyeOS with OpenOffice framework.
`----

http://blog.eyeos.org/2007/12/17/the-office-revolution-in-eyeos-13/

What is eyeOS?

,----[ Quote ]