[News] i4i Explains How It Nailed Microsoft for Breaking Patent Law

  • Subject: [News] i4i Explains How It Nailed Microsoft for Breaking Patent Law
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 14:46:12 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

How to sue Microsoft - and win

,----[ Quote ]
| Prepare your case. When it comes to taking
| on a company the size and stature of
| Microsoft, don't expect legal eagles to
| bang down your door.
|
| Instead, Owen says, "we assembled the
| [patent infringement] claim, the
| background and the history in an
| extraordinarily detailed, analytical way.
| We prepared the case as best we could
| independently before meeting with leading
| counsel and luminaries in the industry."
|
| Don't lose track of your day job. A much-
| ballyhooed, two-year legal battle against
| Microsoft can significantly distract
| employees and completely consume a
| company's top brass.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/2009/12/23/smallbusiness/i4i_microsoft_lawsuit/index.htm

Taking On the Big Boys

,----[ Quote ]
| Donât call OPTi Inc. CEO Bernie Marren a
| âpatent troll.â
`----

http://www.portfolio.com/companies-executives/2009/12/16/this-companys-not-afraid-to-take-on-apple-intel-other-tech-players/

OPTi Shows: When You Can't Compete In The Market, You Sue For Patent Infringement

,----[ Quote ]
| Reader BakaYaro points us to this article
| about OPTi, the company that recently won a
| $21.7 million patent ruling against Apple,
| where the company's CEO insists it's not a
| patent troll because it's only suing over
| patents that it got itself. It seems that
| Bernie Marren is trying to redefine what a
| "patent troll" is to mean just someone who
| buys patents and sues. But the real story
| shows that OPTi is yet another example of
| patents harming, not helping, innovation. The
| company used to produce products, but other
| companies eventually caught up, and OPTi
| couldn't compete.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091218/1101237430.shtml

OMG! IBM Patented LOL! ROTFLMAO!

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091230/0957277551.shtml

Recent:

i4i tells its side of the story: Microsoft ruined our business

Another Reason To Use ODF

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.goodbyemicrosoft.net/news.php?item.486.3