[News] "Linux Shaping the Decade with Some Excellent Contributions"

  • Subject: [News] "Linux Shaping the Decade with Some Excellent Contributions"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 23:09:01 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

2010âs Tech Predictions That Really Matter

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Source will definitely make a mark this
| year, what with Linux shaping the decade with
| some excellent contributions. Without doubts,
| Linux will play a big role in how the
| technology shapes in 2010 and the rest of the
| new decade.
`----

http://techie-buzz.com/featured/best-2010-technology-predictions.html

LinuxCertified Announces its next Embedded and Real-Time Linux Development Training course.

,----[ Quote ]
| The course covers the key issues in embedding
| Linux. Such questions as: why Linux, how to
| embed Linux, and how to measure and obtain
| real-time performance in Linux are examined.
| Taught by veterans in the field, this course
| provides an in-depth analysis of the subject.
| The course will be useful both for managers
| looking to identify correct tools and
| resources for their projects as well as
| developers looking to hone their skills before
| taking on a serious Embedded and Real-Time
| Linux project.
`----

http://linuxpr.com/releases/11818.html

Recent:

A good year for desktop Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| 2010 is going to be a good year for Linux on
| the desktop.
`----

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/insideBusop.htm?f=2009/december/22/chinwong.isx&d=/2009/december/22

Linux and Open Source: Best of 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| This year, we saw the new releases of major
| distributions such as Ubuntuâs Jaunty
| Jackalope and Karmic Koala; Mandriva 2009 and
| 2010; Fedora 11 and 12; and openSUSE 11.2. It
| was also a big year for Google in the open
| source arena with the release of the Google
| Chrome OS beta, the new Chrome browser, and
| the Android 2.0 platform for the Droid
| smartphone.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=1120