[News] Google's GNU/Linux a Challenge to Existing OEMs, Microsoft

  • Subject: [News] Google's GNU/Linux a Challenge to Existing OEMs, Microsoft
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 20:48:44 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google takes on HP, Dell (and Microsoft) with own Chrome OS-based netbook

,----[ Quote ]
| Google sure is in the thick of news these
| days. Earlier this month we heard of the
| impending launch of an Android-powered Google
| phone (codenamed Nexus One) and now rumours
| are growing about a Google netbook that would
| run on Chrome OS.
`----

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/20091227/google-takes-dell-and-microsoft-with-own-chrome-based-netbook.htm

Chrome Netbook OS; Tablet PCs; LBS; Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Googleâs Chrome Netbook OS will be a hit.
| Their OS will mostly be dependent on a Google
| Account. A Google Account opens up their full
| Google Apps suite, which includes email,
| calendar, word processing, and MS Office like
| functions. Googleâs renditions of their
| current OS have been well received by the
| âblogosphereâ especially itâs ability to fit
| on a 1GB flash drive. An OS that small is
| perfect for Netbooks and tablet PCs. The
| smaller footprint also gives the user more
| capabilities. A key part of the Chrome OS will
| be the Chrome brower (my browser of choice)
| and one that is noted for its speed and
| security. Google rarely has missteps and I
| donât foresee that Chrome OS will be one of
| them.
`----

http://xml.sys-con.com/node/1233371/print

Recent: