[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux on Television Again, Parents' Computer

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux on Television Again, Parents' Computer
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 20:55:49 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu Spotted on Doctor Who Set

,----[ Quote ]
| After watching the two Doctor Who Christmas
| episodes I thought Iâd watch the âbehind the
| scenesâ programme âDoctor Who Confidentialâ.
| During one segment where they discuss the
| set used in the Christmas episode I spotted
| a bunch of machines with what look like
| Ubuntu boot screens on them. If youâre in
| the UK (or have access to Freesat in Europe)
| you can see it on BBC HD at 16:55 on 3rd
| January, or on BBC Three at 04:10 on 5th
| January. according to the iplayer page.
`----

http://popey.com/blog/2010/01/02/ubuntu-spotted-on-doctor-who-set/

My Mom uses Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| All told, this makes for an interesting
| experiment over the coming months. One
| parental unit on Windows Vista, the other
| parental unit on Ubuntu. I wonder how
| they'll fare.
`----

http://ubuntuliving.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-mom-uses-ubuntu.html

Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) Impression/Night Impression GTK themes (Proposed)

,----[ Quote ]
| For Lucid Lynx , the technical goal of
| Impression and Night Impression is to bring
| both themes to a common code base. The
| differences between the two themes is
| visible in the background color of the menu
| panels, the color of the scroll bars, and
| the adoption of the Humanity icon theme for
| Impression and the Humanity-Dark icon theme
| for Night Impression.
`----

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/ubuntu-10-04-lucid-impressionnight-impression-gtk-themes-proposed.html

List of tweaks for Acerâs 11.6 inch thin and light laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| For example, there are updated wireless and
| audio drivers, a utility for controlling fan
| speed, screen resolution, and power options,
| tips for getting HD video tp play properly,
| increase the speaker volume, or install
| Ubuntu Linux.
`----

http://www.liliputing.com/2010/01/list-of-tweaks-for-acers-11-6-inch-thin-and-light-laptops.html

Recent:

7 Instances of KDE Appearances On The Silver Screen

,----[ Quote ]
| I donât know about you, but when ever a
| computer screen appears in a movie or series
| I instantly focus on the interface, trying to
| glean what they have installed on the device.
| Even better, when possible, I pause and try
| to analyze and read the damn thing. We dugg
| up 7 instances of KDE appearances on the
| silver screen. Two of which are very recent:
| âThe Big Bang Theoryâ and âLie To Meâ
`----

http://linuxologist.com/general/7-instances-of-kde-appearances-on-the-silver-screen/

Konqueror Icon Setting TV's Ablaze