[News] Free Software a Top Trend in Enterprises

  • Subject: [News] Free Software a Top Trend in Enterprises
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 21:28:28 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Six Enterprise Megatrends to Watch in 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| #3: Increasing open development of software
| and hardware
|
| All major IT firms, including the
| powerhouses that produce proprietary
| software and hardware, are now embracing the
| open source movement.  Even Microsoft has an
| open source strategy that applies to some of
| their offerings.  The open source community
| has long benefited from the developer talent
| in big companies that help produce and
| further code in Linux (see Red Hat for a
| supported variety), OpenOffice and many
| other open source solutions.  We can all
| expect proprietary software will be the most
| full featured software (for many market
| reasons), but even that will be built in a
| way that works well with open source. The
| benefit to enterprises is a wider range of
| choices in solutions, and in many cases an
| ability to field solutions faster and with
| more security and lower cost.  We can also
| expect all federal enterprises will find
| ways to enhance internal collaboration on
| software development projects, for example,
| the Forge.mil collaborative development
| capability.
`----

http://linux.sys-con.com/node/1233509/print

RSSOwl Newsreader Updates to 2.0, Adds Feed Importing, Search Features

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows/Mac/Linux: Feed reader RSSOwl has long
| been a favorite of open-source advocates,
| despite being a bit less powerful than its
| competition. Version 2, however, brings OPML
| import/export, sharing, and smart searching,
| finally giving it powers to rival its desktop
| counterparts.
`----

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/14767/new-media/nokia-n900-review

Recent:

RSSOwl 2.0.1 Review - Feature-Rich Feed Reader for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/12/rssowl-201-review-feature-rich-feed.html