[News] Embargo Department (ITC) to Carry on Stifling Innovation, Import

  • Subject: [News] Embargo Department (ITC) to Carry on Stifling Innovation, Import
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 21:44:55 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

US ITC to Investigate Sharp, RIM on Patent Complaints

,----[ Quote ]
| The U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC)
| has decided to investigate separate complaints
| made against Sharp and Research In Motion
| (RIM) that each allege the companies are
| infringing patents held by the complainants.
|
| The complaint (ITC number 337-TA-699) against
| Sharp was made by Samsung Electronics and
| claims LCD panels and modules made by the
| Japanese company infringe on Samsung's
| intellectual property. At its center are
| patents that cover the generation of high
| quality images on gray-scale LCDs (U.S. Patent
| No. 5,844,533), control signalling inside LCD
| panels (U.S. Patent No. 6,888,585) and a
| technique for improving image quality (U.S.
| Patent No. 7,436,479).
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/185728/us_itc_to_investigate_sharp_rim_on_patent_complaints.html?tk=rss_news

Patent Law Bits and Bytes: Holiday Cheer

,----[ Quote ]
| # IP Innovation v. Red Hat & Novell, Case No.
| 07âcv-0447; Patent Nos. 5,072,412 and
| 5,394,521.
`----

http://www.patentlyo.com/patent/2009/12/patent-law-bits-and-bytes-holiday-cheer.html

Recent:

So What About Those XML Patents, Anyway?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20090821090244256