[News] Google's Web Browser/OS Rises to Dominance

  • Subject: [News] Google's Web Browser/OS Rises to Dominance
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 23:33:17 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Chrome: Linux's best Web browser?

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm a long time Firefox fan, but I've also
| grown fond of Google's Chrome browser. In
| fact, I've pretty much switched to Chrome as
| my browser of choice on my Windows PCs. Up
| until now though I've stuck with Firefox on
| Linux, but now that Chrome is available as a
| beta on Linux, I'm being tempted to switch.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/15343/chrome_linuxs_best_web_browser

Five more Google New Year resolutions

,----[ Quote ]
| 7. Deliver the desktop.
|
| Chromium is a great way to monetize the cloud.
| It can be the mass market Linux we have been
| looking for. But you need to focus on it, and
| maybe a small number of other projects that
| relate to that second act, or your people are
| going to get lazy and self-indulgent.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=5543&tag=col1;post-5543

Recent:

Firefox mobile internet browser 'will launch in December'

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.velti.com/index.cfm?page=1411&articleID=19509496