[News] Free Software Among Top Predictions for This Year

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Among Top Predictions for This Year
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 00:06:47 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

ZapThink's Take on 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| In 2010, we predict that:
|
| * Open Source SOA infrastructure will
| dominate â Lack of interest by venture
| capitalists and consolidation by the Big
| Five IT infrastructure providers will
| result in such lack of choice for SOA
| infrastructure solutions that end users
| will flock to open source alternatives. As
| a result, 2010 will be the year that open
| source SOA infrastructure finally gains
| enough adoption that it will be on the
| short list for most large SOA
| implementations. Weâll see (finally) a
| robust open source SOA registry/repository
| offering, SOA management solutions, SOA
| governance offerings, and SOA
| infrastructure solutions that rival
| commercial ones in terms of performance,
| reliability, and support.
`----

http://web2.sys-con.com/node/1233689/print

Outlook 2010 IT skills checklist: The vertical climb

,----[ Quote ]
| Acquire open source skills
|
| Open source software is gaining steam among
| enterprise companies that find the
| flexibility and low cost appealing and now
| can pick and choose among commercial
| support packages. Certified skills and
| experience in the realm of open source
| packages are already on recruiters' radar,
| according to IT talent experts, who report
| that companies in 2010 will seek candidates
| with open source skills.
|
| "We are seeing a ton of demand for skills
| around open source technologies and
| frameworks. Demand for Python, Ruby on
| Rails and PHP development skills far
| exceeds the number of people available with
| skills," says Michael Kirven, co-founder
| and principal of IT resourcing firm
| Bluewolf.
`----

http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=FA2BF3EA-1A64-67EA-E45A39EFCB5A5F4F

Recent:

Will Apple and Microsoft Join Forces To Fight Google?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/enterprise/2009/12/will-apple-and-microsoft-join.php