[News] Zelda Remake and X-Plane 9 Running on GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Zelda Remake and X-Plane 9 Running on GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 00:05:18 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Mystery of Solarus DX â Zelda Remake !

,----[ Quote ]
| Are you a Zelda fan ?
| If so then you would be happy to know that a
| new FOSS project to clone Zelda and fix the
| âflawsâ released itâs first âdemo versionâ .
| Mystery of Solarus DX is licensed under the
| GPL and is available in 4 languages :
| English, French, German and Dutch !
`----

http://lgn.linux-hardcore.com/mystery-of-solarus-dx-zelda-remake/

X-Plane 9 on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| X-Plane contains subsonic and supersonic
| flight dynamics, allowing users to predict
| the flight characteristics of the slowest
| aircraft to the fastest. X-Plane includes
| thirty-five aircraft on its master disk,
| spanning the aviation industry (and its
| history), sporting aircraft from the Bell 206
| JetRanger and Cessna 172 to the supersonic
| SR-71 and the Space Shuttle.
`----

http://linuxcrunch.com/content/x-plane-9-linux

Related:

ATI Linux & X-Plane: It Works

,----[ Quote ]
| X-Plane is marketed as the "most thorough, flexible, and realistic flight
| simulator available for personal computers" and ships not only for Windows
| and Macintosh platforms but also for Linux. Laminar Research produces X-Plane
| and while it's currently not part of our testing suite, we recently took
| X-Plane v9 Beta 18 for a test flight. Previously their community leader had
| classified using ATI Linux drivers with X-Plane as an "unusable disaster"
| with "insurmountable problems", but is that really the case? We explored the
| situation in this article.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=978&num=1

FlightGear takes off