[News] RandomStorm Makes Acquisition Related to Free Software

  • Subject: [News] RandomStorm Makes Acquisition Related to Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 00:44:33 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

RandomStorm completes acquisition of Damn Vulnerable Web Application

,----[ Quote ]
| RandomStorm has announced the acquisition of
| the open source vulnerability testing
| application Damn Vulnerable Web Application
| (DVWA).
`----

http://www.scmagazineuk.com/randomstorm-completes-acquisition-of-damn-vulnerable-web-application/article/160593/

What rankles in open source buy-outs

,----[ Quote ]
| What concerns me in this example is not so
| much what Oracle or VMWare may do with their
| asset. Itâs what people who have invested
| time and money in open source communities may
| now decide to do.
|
| Whatâs next? Wikipedia bought by the
| Encyclopedia Brittanica? Firefox gets gobbled
| by Microsoft?
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=5552

Recent: