[News] GNU/Linux Leads to Confidence in One's PC

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Leads to Confidence in One's PC
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 15:03:44 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux gives me confidence

,----[ Quote ]
| This something I never had with windows.
| Confidence in my operating system. What do
| I mean by this? Well let me explain. Just
| recently I was doing a remote upgrade of
| Ubuntu Jaunty to Ubuntu Karmic. Everything
| was going along as easily as a hot knife
| through butter. Configuration files were
| changed, packages were downloaded and were
| in the process of being installed. Then it
| happened.
|
| Halfway through the upgrade. At the most
| sensitive part where the packages were
| being installed. The computer was
| rebooted. This could easily happen to
| anyone if there is a power glitch and you
| are not using an UPS. In this case, if you
| remember I was connected remotely, the end
| user decided to reboot the computer. After
| I had specifically told them not to touch
| it. I don't blame them. These sort of
| things happen.
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/linux-gives-me-confidence-36243

December 2009 Market Share Report

,----[ Quote ]
| The top 3 make 64%. Where are you team
| Linux and Apple?
|
| 4     Linux 17%
| 5     Mac OS X 14%
| 6     Unknown 3%
`----

http://whatwillweuse.com/2010/01/05/december-2009-market-share-report/

Linux Format wallpapers

,----[ Quote ]
| Updated: We've had a number of reader
| requests to make available some of the
| imagery we use in Linux Format magazine.
| Naturally we're happy to share with you
| all, so we've put this page online where
| we'll upload artwork as it's requested.
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/wallpapers

Recent:

Contest To Hack Brazilian Voting Machines

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/09/10/31/0120223/Contest-To-Hack-Brazilian-Voting-Machines?from=rss