[News] Ubuntu Membership and Benchmarks

2010: Your Year for Ubuntu Membership!

,----[ Quote ]
| Maybe you have been thinking about
| becoming an Ubuntu Member? If so, 2010 can
| be your year. Let's find out how. I had
| the opportunity to interview Nathan
| Handler who lead a session on Ubuntu
| Membership during the last Ubuntu Open
| Week. Nathan is a member of the Ubuntu
| IRCC (Internet Relay Chat Council). Nathan
| is very versed in the community aspects as
| he is an active contributor in many areas.
| Nathan was also feature in the Ubuntu Hall
| of Fame. Let's get started!
`----

http://www.ubuntu-user.com/Online/Blogs/Amber-Graner-You-in-Ubuntu/2010-Your-Year-for-Ubuntu-Membership

Benchmarking Ubuntuâs lpia Build

,----[ Quote ]
| As the new owner of a Dell Latitude 2100
| netbook, Iâm eager to get as much
| performance out of my little machine as
| possible.  One of the most pressing issues
| in my life over the last week, therefore,
| has been to decide whether to use the i386
| or lpia build of Ubuntu on my new
| computer.  Hereâs the decision I came to,
| and why.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2010/01/05/benchmarking-ubuntus-lpia-build/

Official Ubuntu Desktop Support For Home Users

,----[ Quote ]
| Trust me to miss the memo, but somewhere
| along the line Canonical started selling
| support services to home users as well as
| businesses and enterprises via the
| official Ubuntu Store.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/01/official-ubuntu-desktop-support-for.html