[News] Possible Censorship Attempts/Abuse Against Blogger, Film Shutdown

  • Subject: [News] Possible Censorship Attempts/Abuse Against Blogger, Film Shutdown
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 15:37:28 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

War-blogger Michael Yon says he was harassed, cuffed, detained in Seattle

,----[ Quote ]
| Author and warblogger Michael Yon says
| (via Facebook) "Got arrested at the
| Seattle airport for refusing to say how
| much money I make." I presume he was
| entering the US from overseas, not clear
| to me yet who the agents were.
`----

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/01/05/war-blogger-michael.html

The Hero Of Time Update (01-01-10)

,----[ Quote ]
| Hey, everyone. We just wanted to let you know
| that Dec. 31 was the last day that The Hero
| of Time was available for viewing. We came to
| an agreement with Nintendo earlier this month
| to stop distributing the film.  In the spirit
| of the holiday season they were good enough
| to let us keep the movie up for you to watch
| and enjoy through the end of 2009, but not
| past 2009.  We understand Nintendoâs right to
| protect its characters and trademarks and
| understand how in order to keep their
| property unspoiled by fanâs interpretation of
| the franchise, Nintendo needs to protect
| itself â even from fan-works with good
| intentions.
`----

http://www.theherooftime.com/2009/12/the-hero-of-time-update-01-01-10/

Recent:

Poland apparently planning to control Internet much more strictly

,----[ Quote ]
| Poland is apparently planning to make its
| control of the Internet drastically
| stricter. heise Online Poland, the Polish
| sister website of The H, reports that the
| government is working on new legislation
| already. The new law would create a registry
| of websites to be blocked and force Internet
| service providers to hand over detailed user
| data to investigators, for instance.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/newsticker/news/item/Poland-apparently-planning-to-control-Internet-much-more-strictly-893825.html

No internet sex please, we're Indian. Web firms observe new law

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/dec/28/sex-internet-india-law